ISINI-15 Wroclaw, 16-17 May 2024
The fifteenth international conference of the International Society for the Intercommunication of New Ideas (ISINI) is organized in co-operation with the Scientific Federation WSB-DSW Merito.
The conference will take place at the WSB Merito University in Wroclaw, Poland, 16-17 May 2024. You are invited to submit full papers or summaries that are within the scope of ISINI.
The purpose of the Society is: to foster the discovery and dissemination of new ideas, in particular in economics and other social sciences, to test these ideas and to study the application to problems of the real world. The Society aspires to realize its purpose by creating and upholding an environment where economists meet, consult and cooperate with scholars from other disciplines.
The major instrument of ISINI has until now been its conference. So next to the usual economists, we hope to welcome scholars in Wroclaw who are working in other social sciences (including law, legal science, history and political science), who are cooperating with economists in common research projects or who are doing research in areas where both sides could benefit from an exchange of ideas.
The organizers invite scholars, young and old, to submit papers around five thematic focal points:
- Cybersecurity (call for papers)
- System Risk Management (call for papers)
- Post-collapse society (call for papers)
- Special CEVI session on Energy and Valuation Issues (call for papers)
Hereafter the thematic focal points and corresponding sessions are elaborated extensively.
The conference will take place in the old city of Wroclaw, the European cultural capital of 2016. Wroclaw, located in the centre of Europe at about 300 km distance from Berlin, Dresden, Cracow and Prague, is the beautiful capital of Lower Silesia (Poland). With 650 000 inhabitants it is a cultural and educational centre (7 universities with about 100 000 students). Wroclaw can be reached conveniently by plane, car, train and bus.
Information about the city can be found at the following websites:
Paper and abstract submission and acceptance for the conference will take place in the following five steps:
- Submission of abstract (1 March 2024).
- Acceptance of abstract (10 March 2024).
- Submission of paper for review (1 February 2024). This is an option for participants who would like to have their paper discussed at the conference and eventually published in the journal mentioned below. Also, without full papers, participants can present their work at the conference.
- Feedback on paper and notification of paper acceptance (1 March 2024).
- Submission of completed paper (14 April 2024).
Selected papers, after positive double-blind peer review, may be considered for publication in the:
- Central European Review of Economics and Management (www.cerem-review.eu).
The conference fee of 120 euros (bank account data to be announced at a later stage) includes meals and coffee breaks during the conference. The fee does not include accommodation, but the conference organizers can help with finding a hotel.